Parent & Company
Youth Engagement Solutions Ltd (YES) is a charity & Company Limited by Guarantee which aims to turn disadvantaged young people away from criminal activity, unemployment and social exclusion whilst helping them to play an active role in their communities. Our Charity works with young people up to the age of 30 from across London but many of its customers come from Brent and the surrounding boroughs.
The YES team was established in 2008 to provide youth services through Ashford Place (a charity based in Cricklewood). In 2015, as a result of drastic cuts in funding, Ashford Place withdrew these services and YES was incorporated to maintain this essential work. In response to our customers’ needs the YES team, partners and funders created YES, the Charity in order to continue the successful youth service that had been established at Ashford Place.
- Turn young people away from criminal activity, unemployment and exclusion and play an active role in their community.
- Reduce offending, re-offending and anti-social behaviour whilst improving social mobility and community cohesion.
-Increase youth access to education, training and employment.
- Promote and support the health and well-being of young people and their access to health care.
-Increase participation of young people Developing Cricklewood Wanderers FC
Fit and Fed 2019(Bridge Park)
Customer comments: "The best thing about the YES staff team is the way they treat me with respect and dignity. They listen to what I have to say and helped me achieve my dreams. They could have just got me a cleaning job; instead they went out of their way to ensure I followed my nursing career started in Sudan. I now work as a Phlebotomist at a hospital in England”.(Mohamed)
YES provides programmes of prevention, intervention and sustainability to those who either show signs of disaffection or are already disengaged. YES encourages these young people to challenge the expectations of those around them and achieve outcomes that result in savings to the public purse. YES targets;
a) those within the education system who are either attending Pupil Referral Units (“PRU’s”) or are likely to do so in the future. YES provides:
- Prevention activities such as workshops in drug abuse, gun and knife crime and anger management.
- Learning activities including sports training, foundation skills, guidance and after school tuition.
- Health and well-being guidance in nutrition, cooking and sustaining physical and mental health.
- Support and guidance with internet safety & bullying.
b) those who have left school and who are street active and those who are not in employment, education or training (“NEET”). YES provides:
- Education, Training & Employment; preparing young people for and supporting them into employment which provides stability, fulfilment, and progressive lives.
- Health and well-being advice and training in addressing personal, physical, environmental and emotional barriers.
- Business Support/Enterprise service offering advice and guidance in creating businesses and providing back-room services and mentors.
- Access to coaching and competitive football. Coaching children and adults, managing school programmes, and proudly running its own FA Standard Charter Football Club: Cricklewood Wanderers FC.
“It was fantastic meeting you; we were blown away by all the support you provide your clients”.
Juanita Cracchiolo. Apprentice Manager - Pret Foundation Trust
YES Ltd is a charity that is a direct response to the growing number of young people that are either falling through the cracks at school or are already entangled with the juvenile court system, are street active or NEET. The goal is to offer a positive support system to avoid the pitfalls that can derail their lives further. Please donate and support our ongoing work with disadvantaged young people.If you think you can help or would like further information, please contact CEO Carmen Llorente at: 07506 828 939 or 0208 904 2242; email: